In today’s scenario, health is considered to be an asset for a long-term life. But when we go into its depth, we realize that there are many layers and components to health.
Health is measured in terms of how fit a person is, not just from the outside but from the inside too. There are many myths and taboos related to fitness.
Fats are one such taboo and there are many myths revolving around them.
While we are aware that fats are very important to sustain a healthy lifestyle, it depends on your body where it may store those fats.
Some people may carry extra weight around their inner thighs and calves while some may carry them around their arms or lower belly.
This is mostly determined by your genetics and it’s just an operational function your body does.
While some people are okay with such weight, some people are not. So here we are with some tips on how to reduce fats from your inner thigh area healthily and sustainably.
Tips to Lose Inner thigh Fat
Modify You Diet
When your calorie consumption is more than that your body burns, that’s where fats come into the picture.
Your body stores those unused calories in the form of fats in your body. An increase in intake of unhealthy fats and sugar and no exercises are the major causes of weight gain.
To beat this imbalance in your body the best way possible is to change your diet and make an exercise routine.
Cutting out your daily calorie intake can help you eat a few lesser calories every week and you can lose some pounds every week.
Make some changes in your diet like reducing the intake of sodium and processed foods.
These lack nutritious values and contain substances like hydrogenated oils, colorants, flavorings, bulking agents, etc.
Some commonly used highly processed foods are sugary beverages, packaged snacks, frozen foods, and breakfast cereals.
Another switch could be in the consumption of white starches such as white bread, pasta, rice, flour, etc. which spike up your blood sugar level very quickly.
These can be substituted for their whole-grain counterparts that contain complex carbohydrates like brown rice, beans, oats, pulses, etc.
Carbohydrates are the primary source of energy for your body, so instead of avoiding them completely switch to the right carbs.
Your body is about 60% water and it’s important to maintain its fluid level so try to incorporate at least 2 liters or half a gallon of fluid intake into your daily diet.
Water intake is the best way to improve your metabolism and curb your appetite.
Incorporate a good amount of lean protein in your daily intake. It is found in green vegetables, fish, eggs, quinoa, fruits like guava and avocado, and superfoods like pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, etc.
Protein helps in muscle building and toning and helps to burn more calories throughout the day, as per this study.
Though constituting your diet with all these essential nutrients may be beneficial, eating a balanced diet is very important for sustainable weight loss.
HIIT- High-Intensity Interval Training
One of the most effective workouts to blast fats, build strength, and revive your metabolism. HIIT workout needs to be performed at your maximum effort.
To get lean and strong inner thighs you can perform weighted strength exercises as a high-intensity part of your workout.
But while you are including HIIT in your workout routine, you must include some cardio days as well such as yoga to keep your body strong and give it some time for the next big push.
These exercises include moves like jump squats, burpees, high knees, etc.
This is a very versatile type of workout that can be performed anywhere. Strength training can help you build muscles, reduce body fat, boost metabolism, and improve your range of motion.
It’s a great workout to improve your posture, balance, and stability.
It can be done better with the help of a few pieces of equipment like mats, resistance bands, dumbbells, kettlebells, Bosu balls, etc.
Some effective workouts to get rid of inner thigh fat are-
Lunges are the most popular leg-strengthening exercise which involves the movement of different muscles of your lower body.
Steps To Do Lunges
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip-width apart.
- Step forward longer than a walking stride so one leg is ahead of your torso and the other is behind.
- Your foot should land flat and remain flat while it’s on the ground. Your rear heel will rise off of the ground.
- Bend your knees making an almost right angle as you lower yourself. While doing this keep your back straight and your core engaged.
- Then, push off your front leg to get back to the initial position.
There can be many variations to the lunges.
- Static lunges or split squats where there is no change in your position but you push yourself up and down like in a squat but while you are in the position of the lunge.
- Walking lunges with dumbbells.
- Curtsy lunges where instead of making a right angle you cross your legs while lunging.
Squats are functional exercises that benefit your muscle and joint health and improve your posture.
Steps To Do Squats
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip-width or shoulder-width apart.
- Initiate the movement by sending back your hips as if sitting on an invisible chair.
- Bend your knees to lower down with your chest fitted in a controlled movement.
- Keep your back straight while doing this.
- Press through heels to return to the initial position.
Variations of squats that can be performed for effective results are sumo squats with or without a kettlebell. Squats can be performed in 3-4 sets of at least 12 reps per day.
Supine Inner Thigh Lift
This lift helps in strengthening your knees and lower back for weight lifting.
Steps To Do Supine Inner Thigh Lift
- Lie down on your back with your legs straight up in the air. Keep your feet flat while doing this.
- Initiate a slow side-drop movement making a 45-degree angle on one leg at a time.
- Complete at least 10 reps from one leg and then move to the other leg and repeat the same.
These lifts can be performed in 3 sets of at least 10 reps for each leg per day.
Apart from these natural procedures, there is another way to lose fat from the inner thighs. It is called cool sculpting.
It is a nonsurgical cooling technique to lose fats from targeted areas. This technique is based on the science of cryolipolysis where cold temperatures are used to freeze and destroy fat cells.
This method is used to reduce the stubborn fat that does not respond to diet and exercise like the fat on the inner thighs.
The process can take up to 35-40 minutes per leg and it is a non-invasive procedure that does not require any anesthesia.
But before undergoing this procedure, consult a renowned plastic surgeon and discuss your medical history with them so that there are no repercussions.
The recovery time is very minimal and you can even start doing your daily chores immediately after the procedure.
It’s a costly measure and mostly opted by people who have reached their ideal weight but still have some stubborn fat in particular areas of their body.
Reducing fat from your body is a tedious process that needs time and constant effort.
To get a healthy toned body and get rid of the stubborn fat stored in your inner thighs you need to make some changes in your life style.
To get effective results you need to balance your workout and diet. Your continuity in the process will push you to achieve a better version of yourself and your body.
Working4Health prefers using primary and verified references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and our primary references include peer-reviewed research, academic, and medical institution studies.
- Facts about saturated fats Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000838.htm
- Eating highly processed foods linked to weight gain May 21, 2019 Available from: https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/eating-highly-processed-foods-linked-weight-gain
- Erik E. J. G. Aller, Itziar Abete, Arne Astrup, et al. Starches, Sugars and Obesity Nutrients. 2011 Mar; 3(3): 341–369.
Published online 2011 Mar 14. doi: 10.3390/nu3030341
- E Jéquier Carbohydrates as a source of energy Am J Clin Nutr. 1994 Mar;59(3 Suppl):682S-685S. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/59.3.682S. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8116550/
- Simon N. Thornton Increased Hydration Can Be Associated with Weight Loss Front Nutr. 2016; 3: 18.Published online 2016 Jun 10. doi: 10.3389/fnut.2016.00018
- Heather J Leidy, Peter M Clifton, Arne Astrup, et al. The role of protein in weight loss and maintenanceAm J Clin Nutr. 2015 Jun;101(6):1320S-1329S. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.114.084038. Epub 2015 Apr 29. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25926512/
- Stephen H. Boutcher High-Intensity Intermittent Exercise and Fat Loss J Obes. 2011; 2011: 868305.Published online 2010 Nov 24. doi: 10.1155/2011/868305
- Carla E. Cox Role of Physical Activity for Weight Loss and Weight Maintenance Diabetes Spectr. 2017 Aug; 30(3): 157–160.doi: 10.2337/ds17-0013
- Suleen S Ho, Satvinder S Dhaliwal, Andrew P Hills, et al. The effect of 12 weeks of aerobic, resistance or combination exercise training on cardiovascular risk factors in the overweight and obese in a randomized trial BMC Public Health. 2012; 12: 704.Published online 2012 Aug 28. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-12-704
- Yohei Takai, Yuko Fukunaga, Eiji Fujita, et al. Effects of Body Mass-Based Squat Training in Adolescent Boys J Sports Sci Med. 2013 Mar; 12(1): 60–65.Published online 2013 Mar 1.
- Nils Krueger, Sophia V Mai, Stefanie Luebberding, et al. Cryolipolysis for noninvasive body contouring: clinical efficacy and patient satisfaction Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2014; 7: 201–205.Published online 2014 Jun 26. doi: 10.2147/CCID.S44371
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Louise Rodriguez is a full-time health and fitness writer. She considers herself a gym rat and takes pride in showing her biceps. She dedicates most of her time to her health. With the time left, she spreads information regarding health and fitness among the masses. Harry Potter is her first love.