The current world has more people who are obese or overweight as a result of modern diet and lifestyle. Weight loss programs, such as the calorie restriction diet, the keto diet, and juicing have become more popular recently.
Juicing is the practice of eating a wholesome vegetable or fruit juice in place of a meal. The idea of using juice to lose weight, however, is not new. It has been going around for quite a while.
But instead of following a liquid diet, it is advisable to include a few fresh juices in your daily meals to hasten weight loss.
Fresh juices are a wonderful way to consume a range of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber which enable you to burn more calories and help to speed up your metabolism.
These weight loss liquids offer several additional health advantages, in addition, to helping you to lose weight. It is essential to eat a lot of healthy food if you want to reduce weight.
Green juice is one of the most widely consumed drinks for losing weight. Green drinks are loaded with minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Green juice might contain several ingredients, including green fruits, leafy greens, and cruciferous vegetables. Usually, these include green apples, celery, kale, spinach, and a lot more. Green juices also come in many different varieties.
In this article, we will look at some of the best juice which might help you to lose weight.
Best Weight Loss Juice
Try these fresh juices to lose weight and remain hydrated during this oppressive heat:
Bottle Gourd Juice
Bottle gourd juice is considered a cooling summertime superfood. It aids with weight loss and numerous health benefits. Bottle gourd juice has been recommended in Ayurveda as a natural technique to reduce weight.
Juice from bottle gourds has no fat and fewer calories. It also keeps your body cool. You would not regret using this energizing drink in your weight loss regimen.
You could also drink cucumber juice, so it is not only for salads. It might assist you in staying collected and cool during the summer.
Consuming cucumber juice is beneficial for weight loss because of its low-calorie count and high water content. Cucumber juice is a wonderful meal filler as it is high in water content and makes you feel full quickly.
You only need to add a squeeze of lime juice and some mint leaves to create a hydrating, nutritious summer beverage.
Because of the high fiber and low-calorie content of carrots, carrot juice is excellent for weight loss. Your stomach could stay full for a long time if you drink a glass of carrot juice.
Therefore, you would not have to worry about having junk snacks in between. Additionally, it has been suggested that eating raw carrots is the best method to consume them.
Consequently, juicing carrots might also be a wonderful idea and carrot juice is believed to enhance bile secretion, which promotes weight loss and aids in fat burning.
You could make a wonderful detox drink by combining some ginger, a half orange, and an apple with carrot juice. This drink helps to remove all the toxins from your body.
Bring this carrot juice to your rescue the next time you might want to start a juice diet.
Indian Gooseberry Juice
Starting your day with a glass of amla juice is a wonderful idea. It aids in maintaining your digestive system to function normally throughout the day and speeds up your metabolism.
A quicker metabolism aids in rapid fat burning. It is often advised to drink amla juice on an empty stomach for improved weight management.
As a natural sugar that could keep you energized and active throughout the day, you might add a drop of honey to the amla juice.
Bitter Gourd Juice
Bitter gourd juice might not sound appealing, but the fact is that it indeed aids with weight loss. Regular use of bitter gourd juice helps to boost the liver’s production of bile acids, which are quite necessary for metabolizing fat.
Bitter gourds also have a relatively low-calorie count. Bitter gourds have merely 18 calories per one hundred grams. Therefore, the best juice for losing weight is this one.
Cabbage juice is a wonderful juice that helps in your efforts to lose weight. A study has indicated that increasing fiber intake like cabbage might aid in the fight against fat.
During digestion, vegetables high in fiber create a gel-like structure by absorbing the water in your body. This slows down the digestion process which makes you feel fuller for longer and helps in avoiding food binges.
Many stomach issues, such as indigestion and bloating could be relieved by drinking cabbage juice. It also hastens waste removal and helps to clear your digestive tract.
You might also blend cabbage juice with sweet vegetables like carrots or with citrus fruits like apple and lime.
Pomegranate juice might help you to lose weight while also improving the appearance of your skin by restoring your natural glow.
Pomegranates are rich in linolenic acid, polyphenols, and antioxidants which might help you speed up your metabolism and burn fat.
Pomegranate juice also aids with appetite suppression. This luscious fruit is full of health advantages.
Pomegranate is a nutritionally dense fruit that could be consumed often and still aid in weight loss as it is high in vitamins E, C, and A and antioxidants.
Additionally, pomegranate juice is a low-calorie beverage that also helps to control sugar levels.
Pomegranate juice might help you control your appetite, burn fat, and increase metabolism, all of which are excellent ways to lose excess belly fat.
One popular treatment for abdominal obesity is pineapple juice. The pineapple juice contains an essential enzyme known as bromelain, which eliminates extra stomach fat and aids in the breakdown of proteins.
In addition, bromelain aids in the control of hunger and the digestion of lipids when combined with different enzymes like lipase.
Pineapples are a catabolic food which means that your body expends more calories to burn the pineapple fruit than it does to burn different nutrients.
Green Veggie Juice
Green veggie juice’s components could be customized to your preferences, although they usually include leafy vegetables like cabbage, kale, and spinach.
Green veggie juice is ideal for weight loss as it is low in sugar and strong in fiber, and it also has a lot of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. Therefore, do not hesitate and give it a shot.
Orange is a wonderful fruit to lose weight. Orange juice might be a better low-calorie substitute for all of your high-calorie drinks and sodas.
Oranges are regarded as negative calorie fruits as they have very few calories than what your body needs to burn them. Vitamin C, which promotes a body’s metabolic processes, is abundant in oranges.
Because of its low-calorie count, this fruit is regarded as ideal for weight loss. Patients with diabetes, however, should speak with a physician before ingesting orange juice.
For weight loss, one glass of orange juice every day is adequate.
The watermelon juice keeps you hydrated and only has 35 calories per one hundred grams. It contains a lot of the amino acid arginine, which aids in fat burning.
Vitamins C, B, and A are abundant in watermelon juice. These vitamins are necessary for several processes, including immune system performance, skin health, and enhanced metabolism.
Additionally, it promotes athletic recuperation and quick rehydration. Juice from a watermelon should be mixed in a ratio of 1:10 with different liquids.
Try this powerful but easy-to-make weight loss juice which is abundant with beetroot’s health benefits. As it is high in fiber and keeps you full for longer, beetroot juice is excellent for weight loss.
Additionally, it is loaded with important minerals and vitamins. Carrots and beetroot go well together as they might fasten the weight loss process.
Juice consumption is another simple approach to meeting nutritional needs. According to science, dieters should eat at least 5 to 10 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
One could omit this regimen and instead make a juice with the fruits and vegetables to drink on the go. This method is effective and quick.
The finest juice for weight loss fills a person with minerals, vitamins, phytonutrients, and dietary fiber in the morning. For the majority of people, it is impossible to manage their time to eat the precise amount of vegetables and fruits.
Juicing might therefore be a great approach to meeting your daily needs. Before adding vegetable or fruit juice to your diet, it is essential to speak with a doctor.
Gather your juice blender and begin experimenting with the components as you have gained good knowledge about the best juice for weight reduction.
Working4Health prefers using primary and verified references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and our primary references include peer-reviewed research, academic, and medical institution studies.
- S.K. Sharma, Rajesh Puri, Ajay Jain, et al. Assessment of effects on health due to consumption of bitter bottle gourd (Lagenaria siceraria) juice Indian J Med Res. 2012 Jan; 135(1): 49–55.doi: 10.4103/0971-5916.93424
- Mohamed T. El-Saadony, Mohamed F. Elsadek, Alaa S. Mohamed, et al. Effects of Chemical and Natural Additives on Cucumber Juice’s Quality, Shelf Life, and Safety Foods. 2020 May; 9(5): 639.Published online 2020 May 15. doi: 10.3390/foods9050639
- Andrew S Potter, Shahrzad Foroudi, Alexis Stamatikos, et al. Drinking carrot juice increases total antioxidant status and decreases lipid peroxidation in adults Nutr J. 2011; 10: 96.Published online 2011 Sep 24. doi: 10.1186/1475-2891-10-96
- Iram Nazish, Shahid H Ansari Emblica officinalis – Anti-obesity activity J Complement Integr Med. 2017 Dec 5;15(2):/j/jcim.2018.15.issue-2/jcim-2016-0051/jcim-2016-0051.xml. doi: 10.1515/jcim-2016-0051. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29206643/
- Mahendra Parkash Kapoor, Koji Suzuki, Timm Derek, et al. Clinical evaluation of Emblica Officinalis Gatertn (Amla) in healthy human subjects: Health benefits and safety results from a randomized, double-blind, crossover placebo-controlled study Contemp Clin Trials Commun. 2020 Mar; 17: 100499.Published online 2019 Nov 27. doi: 10.1016/j.conctc.2019.100499
- Md Ashraful Alam, Riaz Uddin, Nusrat Subhan, et al. Beneficial Role of Bitter Melon Supplementation in Obesity and Related Complications in Metabolic Syndrome J Lipids. 2015; 2015: 496169.Published online 2015 Jan 12. doi: 10.1155/2015/496169
- Jerome Ndudi Asiwe, Tolunigba Abisola Kolawole, Kenneth Kelechi Anachuna, et al. Cabbage juice protect against lead-induced liver and kidney damage in male Wistar rat Biomarkers. 2022 Mar;27(2):151-158. doi: 10.1080/1354750X.2021.2022210. Epub 2022 Jan 3. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34974788/
- May Nasser Al-Muammar, Fozia Khan Obesity: the preventive role of the pomegranate (Punica granatum) Nutrition. 2012 Jun;28(6):595-604. doi: 10.1016/j.nut.2011.11.013. Epub 2012 Feb 17. Avilable from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22342388/
- Maimunah Mohd Ali, Norhashila Hashim, Samsuzana Abd Aziz, et al. Pineapple (Ananas comosus): A comprehensive review of nutritional values, volatile compounds, health benefits, and potential food products Food Res Int. 2020 Nov;137:109675. doi: 10.1016/j.foodres.2020.109675. Epub 2020 Sep 17. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33233252/
- Susanne M. Henning, Jieping Yang, Paul Shao, et al. Health benefit of vegetable/fruit juice-based diet: Role of microbiome Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 2167.Published online 2017 May 19. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-02200-6
- Carolina Ribeiro, Grace Dourado, Thais Cesar Orange juice allied to a reduced-calorie diet results in weight loss and ameliorates obesity-related biomarkers: A randomized controlled trial Nutrition. 2017 Jun;38:13-19. doi: 10.1016/j.nut.2016.12.020. Epub 2017 Jan 7. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28526377/
- Tiffany Lum, Megan Connolly, Amanda Marx, et al. Effects of Fresh Watermelon Consumption on the Acute Satiety Response and Cardiometabolic Risk Factors in Overweight and Obese Adults Nutrients. 2019 Mar; 11(3): 595.Published online 2019 Mar 12. doi: 10.3390/nu11030595
- Peter J Joris, Ronald P Mensink Beetroot juice improves in overweight and slightly obese men postprandial endothelial function after consumption of a mixed meal Atherosclerosis. 2013 Nov;231(1):78-83. doi: 10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2013.09.001. Epub 2013 Sep 11. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24125415/
- Susan J Duthie, Garry G Duthie, Wendy R Russell, et al. Effect of increasing fruit and vegetable intake by dietary intervention on nutritional biomarkers and attitudes to dietary change: a randomised trial Eur J Nutr. 2018 Aug;57(5):1855-1872. doi: 10.1007/s00394-017-1469-0. Epub 2017 May 30. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28560503/
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Michael has been in the male wellness industry for 25+ years. Before joining Working For Health as a full-time male wellness journalist, he contributed to multiple online portals in the male wellness field. Before that, he has been an assistant to several sexologists.