Cystic acne is a common skin condition that affects many people, and it can be particularly frustrating when it appears on sensitive areas of the body, such as the female private parts. Cyst pimples on female private parts can cause discomfort, pain, and embarrassment, and they can be difficult to treat using traditional acne medications.
In this blog, I will try to explore some home remedies for cystic acne on female private parts that may help to alleviate symptoms and promote healing. These remedies are natural, safe, and easy to try at home, but it’s always important to talk to a healthcare professional before attempting any new treatments.
Cyst Pimples On Female Private Parts Home Remedies
The following are the home remedies to cure cyst pimples on female private parts:
Applying Compression that is warm but not Heated
Applying warm compresses can help to reduce the pain and inflammation associated with cystic pimples on female private parts. Here are the steps to apply a warm compress:
- Start by washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water to prevent the spread of bacteria.
- A fresh washcloth should be soaked in warm water. Make sure the water is not too hot, as this can damage your skin and cause further irritation.
- Wring out the excess water from the washcloth and apply it to the affected area.
- Hold the warm compress against your skin for 10-15 minutes, making sure to keep the cloth in place and re-warming it as needed.
- After 10-15 minutes, gently remove the compress and pat the area dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat this process several times a day to help reduce inflammation and promote healing.
Utilizing A Sitz Bath
A sitz bath is a warm, shallow bath that is used to soothe and clean the genital and anal areas. It can be helpful in relieving discomfort and pain caused by cyst pimples on female private parts. Here are the steps to use a sitz bath:
- Fill a clean bathtub with warm water. The water should be deep enough to cover your hips and buttocks, but not so deep that it spills over the edges of the tub.
- If you have access to a specialized sitz bath, place it inside the bathtub and fill it with warm water. If not, you can simply sit in the bathtub with your knees bent and feet resting on the bottom of the tub.
- Add any additional ingredients to the water as recommended by your healthcare professional or home remedy instructions. Common additions include Epsom salt, baking soda, or essential oils.
- Gently lower yourself into the bath and sit with your hips and buttocks submerged in the water for 15-20 minutes.
- After the allotted time, carefully stand up and pat yourself dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times per day as recommended by your healthcare professional or home remedy instructions.
Keep The Area Dry And Clean
By keeping the area dry and clean, you can reduce the amount of moisture and bacteria that are present on the skin. This can help to prevent further breakouts and allow the existing cyst pimples to heal. Here are some pointers for keeping up with proper hygiene:
- Warm water and light soap should be used to gently clean the region. Avoid using harsh soaps or scrubbing too vigorously, as this can irritate the skin and make the acne worse.
- Use a fresh towel to gently pat the area dry or let it air dry. Refrain from pulling or rubbing the skin.
- Avoid using perfumed or scented products, as these can irritate the skin and make acne worse. Instead, opt for fragrance-free, hypoallergenic products.
- If you are prone to sweating in the affected area, try using a talc-free powder or cornstarch to absorb moisture and keep the area dry.
Wearing Breathable Underwear
Breathable underwear can be beneficial for women who are dealing with cyst pimples on their private parts because it allows for better air circulation and reduces moisture in the area. When the genital area is covered by tight or non-breathable clothing, it can create a warm, moist environment that is conducive to bacterial and fungal growth. This can exacerbate acne symptoms and increase the risk of infection.
Wearing breathable underwear made from natural fabrics such as cotton or bamboo can help to absorb moisture and reduce friction in the area, which can also help to prevent the development of cystic acne. Additionally, breathable underwear can help to improve overall hygiene and reduce the risk of odor or irritation.
Use of over-the-counter painkillers
Taking over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen may help to alleviate the pain and discomfort associated with cystic pimples on female private parts. These pain relievers work by reducing inflammation in the affected area, which can help to ease pain and discomfort.
Cystic acne on female private parts can be particularly painful, especially if the cysts are large or located in a sensitive area. Over-the-counter pain relievers can help to make the symptoms more manageable while waiting for the cysts to heal.
Don’t pop or prick
It is not recommended to pop or prick cyst pimples on female private parts because it can cause more harm than good. Cysts are deep, painful bumps that are filled with pus and bacteria, and they can be difficult to treat effectively. Popping or pricking a cyst can cause the infection to spread, leading to more pimples, scarring, and even serious skin infections.
Additionally, popping or pricking cyst pimples on female private parts can also be extremely painful and may cause bleeding, which can further aggravate the condition. Instead, it is best to seek medical advice from a healthcare professional who can provide appropriate treatment options, such as prescription medications or medical procedures.
Consider Benzoyl Peroxide
Benzoyl peroxide is a commonly used topical medication for the treatment of acne, including cystic acne on female private parts. It works by reducing inflammation, killing bacteria, and unclogging pores, which can help to prevent new breakouts from forming.
When applied to cystic acne on female private parts, benzoyl peroxide can help to dry out the pimple, reduce redness and swelling, and prevent the formation of new pimples. It is important to note that benzoyl peroxide can be irritating to the skin, so it is important to start with a low concentration and gradually increase as tolerated.
Here are the steps to try benzoyl peroxide to get a cure for cyst pimples:
- Cleanse the affected area with a mild, fragrance-free cleanser and pat it dry.
- Apply a small amount of benzoyl peroxide cream or gel to the affected area, taking care to avoid contact with healthy skin.
- Allow the benzoyl peroxide to dry completely before getting dressed or going to bed.
- Start with a low concentration of benzoyl peroxide, such as 2.5%, and gradually increase the strength over time if necessary.
- Use benzoyl peroxide once a day to start, and increase the frequency to twice daily if tolerated well.
- Be patient and consistent with treatment, as it may take several weeks to see improvements.
Apply Turmeric and Aloe Vera Solution
Turmeric is considered one of the best anti-inflammatory foods that you can add to your daily diet. Other than adding a nice color to your food, it also has various other benefits. As per a study, curcumin contains anti-inflammatory properties that may help in easing out the pain suffered from cyst pimples and acne. To apply this solution, mix turmeric with two to three tablespoons of aloe vera gel and apply it on the affected area for a few days. This may help in providing with some relief from cyst pimples. However, you may also watch out for any allergies as there are some serious side effects of turmeric like rashes, skin allergy, or itching.
In conclusion, cystic acne on female private parts can be uncomfortable and difficult to treat. While traditional acne medications may not always be effective, there are many natural home remedies that can help to alleviate symptoms and promote healing. These remedies include things like warm compresses, tea tree oil, and apple cider vinegar.
It’s important to remember that every individual’s skin is different, and what works for one person may not work for another. Therefore, it’s always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional before trying any new treatments. With patience and persistence, however, it is possible to find a natural remedy that can help to improve the appearance and comfort of cystic acne on female private parts.
- Boils and carbuncles: Overview. Available from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK513141/
- Sitz bath. Available from https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002299.htm
- Ibuprofen. Available from https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682159.html
- Taraneh Matin; Marcus B. Goodman. Benzoyl Peroxide. Last Update: October 10, 2022.
- Available from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537220/
- Susan J. Hewlings and Douglas S. Kalman. Curcumin: A Review of Its’ Effects on Human Health. Foods. 2017 Oct; 6(10): 92. Published online 2017 Oct 22. doi: 10.3390/foods6100092
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Alisha Matthew has been a practicing nutritionist since 2016. She holds a master’s degree in nutrition from the University of IOWA. She is a staunch believer in improving the human health index by educating people about nutrition and the importance of nutrition in leading a healthy and happy life. Her long-term goal is to keep educating people on general health and keep herself updated with the latest trends in the field of health.