Blood purification reduces your chance of developing multiple health disorders, such as allergies, headaches, and various other issues, that are brought on by unclean blood.
In actuality, your blood is in charge of several functions like transporting fats, sugar, oxygen, and hormones throughout your immune system as well as removing waste materials from the body.
We are aware that the blood detoxification process controls healthy alterations, and enhances the immune system, and the skin.
Clean blood makes you less prone to skin conditions including dry skin, acne, and pimples, which all signify the presence of pollutants in your blood.
The liver already filters the blood and detoxifies it on its own. You might wonder why I need food to purify my blood if it’s the liver’s job.
Well, it’s because you could further speed up the detoxification process by adding a diet high in fresh, wholesome, and unprocessed foods.
There are several nutrient-rich foods you could incorporate into your diet to help achieve the goal of maintaining healthy and clean blood.
In this article, we will be looking at the top best foods that help in blood purification.
Best Blood Purifier Foods
Here are some of top best blood purifier foods:
Beetroot is the best option for those seeking a quick infusion of nutrients to purify their blood.
Beetroots have phytonutrients like betalains that are known to promote healthy-looking skin by detoxifying the blood.
Beetroot, which is rich in vitamin C, iron, and magnesium, has been acclaimed as a superfood recently due to its numerous claimed health advantages.
Beetroot is the best detox food out there because it not only benefits cholesterol levels, hair, and skin but also supports liver detoxification.
Try sipping raw beetroot juice or adding it to salads to reap its health advantages.
Water serves as the best blood purifier.
Drinking water could be the most effective technique to cleanse blood because the kidneys remove toxins from the blood via urine and maintain the blood system clean.
You need to consume a lot of water every day for a successful detoxification process. Your kidneys could remove pollutants from your body only when you maintain hydration.
Warm water should be left over in a copper container throughout the night for best results. The next morning, directly consume it.
The copper would help to calm the liver while the water mayaid in blood cleansing.
The liver is crucial to the body’s natural blood detoxification process because it is the only organ involved in doing so. Therefore, maintaining the health of the liver is necessary.
An imbalance of free radicals in your body couldcause oxidative stress, which may harm your organs, particularly the liver.
Additionally, it also causes symptoms including headaches, joint or muscular discomfort, weariness, and infection susceptibility.
Rich in antioxidants, blueberries help to shield the liver from oxidative stress and keep it safe.
Simple methods to include more of this potent fruit that cleanses your liver include adding blueberries to your morning oatmeal or afternoon milkshake.
Reduce your intake of processed meals and switch to healthy options like brown rice if you wish to cleanse your blood and improve your health.
Brown rice is high in fiber, whichis beneficial for the removal of waste from the colon, and high in selenium, which aids in protecting the liver.
Try complementing your diet with more of these nutritious whole grains, which have an abundance of many essential nutrients that aid in detoxification like
- Vitamins B
Grapefruit should always be on your diet list for the detoxification process. Pectin present in grapefruit aids in the body’s detoxification process.
It also contains the flavonoid naringin, which stimulates the intestines and liver’s enzyme production.
Essential nutrients like potassium, pectin, fiber, pantothenic acid, copper, vitamin B, vitamin A, and vitamin C are all abundant in grapefruit.
Its vitamin C content helps to promote the synthesis of collagen. By boosting collagen, vitamin C could decrease the appearance of wrinkles.
Grapefruit is also a potent antioxidant that repairs skin damage thatoccurs as a result of blood impurity and reduces the number of sunburn cells.
It guards against cancer-causing effects of your skin being exposed prolonged to the sun and lessens sunburn brought on by exposure to harmful UV radiation.
The entire body could be detoxified with the aid of garlic. It creates detoxification enzymes that help to remove the toxins from the blood.
Sulfur, an element thathelps your body get rid of pollutants, is abundant in garlic. It also has anti-inflammatory qualities that may lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
Garlic is good for the heart as well along with helping the body to detoxify.
In addition to being antibiotic, antibacterial, and antiviral, garlic also includes a compound known as allicin that aids in the defense against toxins and encourages the white blood cells.
Green tea is often mentioned in cleansing blood advice.
It helps to purify the blood, reduce inflammation by blocking UV radiation, and defend the skin from sun exposure damage by scavenging free radicals.
The skin is well protected by detoxifying the blood when green tea is consumed in conjunction with other healthy foods.
The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits of green tea could may be the onset of aging.
Glutathione is abundant in carrots which makes them one of the best vegetables for detoxification. Carrots are delicious both cooked and raw.
Carrots’ fiber content helps to clean the digestive system.
Carrots are also rich in beta-carotene, which may strengthen the immune system if your immune system has become weak because of blood impurity.
Carrots are popularly known as the natural source of vitamin A.
It couldstimulate the dermis, which contains collagen and blood vessels and increase the blood flow to the surface of the skin.
Baking Soda Combined With Apple Cider Vinegar
Baking soda and apple cider vinegar aid in blood and tissue cleansing. The body’s pH is balanced by the combination of the two.
The mixture helps to purify the blood by eliminating uric acid from it.
In a glass, mix two tsp of apple cider vinegar and half a tbsp of baking soda. Allow the combination to rest for some time to let the fizz and bubbles subside.
Then, add water and consume it immediately.
Although adding baking soda to apple cider vinegar neutralizes the reaction, if your blood pressure is high you shouldconsult your doctor before consuming this.
Also, considering apple cider vinegar and baking soda for weight loss would be a better option.
A powerful spice with cleansing properties is turmeric. One way to purify your blood and spice up your food is by adding turmeric to your diet.
Additionally, turmeric also helps to improve other medical conditions like memory loss. Curcumin, its active component, is used to treat intestinal and liver issues.
Turmeric couldbe added to your diet in many different ways. It could be used as a spice in milk, latte, or food.
The finest approach to purifying the blood is with the turmeric latte.
The antioxidant and anticancer qualities of cabbage may help to cleanse your liver.
The vitamin C and antioxidants found in this leafy cruciferous vegetable are great for purifying the blood.
Additionally, cabbage couldincrease the liver’s capacity to detoxify.
Similar to Brussels sprouts, cabbage has sulfur, which encourages the onset of enzymes needed to detoxify the liver.
An added benefit of cabbage is that the fiber in cabbage can neutralize harmful chemicals in cigarettes and cure digestive issues.
The bell peppers sold in the vegetable markets are very colorful and the sweetest.
In addition to being colorful and tasty, they are also among one the highest sources of vitamin C needed to clean the blood.
You mightbe astonished to know that one ounce of yellow bell pepper has more than 60 mg of vitamin C.
However, the amounts in the green and red ones are about 24.5 and 36.8 mg, respectively.
Bell peppers aid in the repair, regeneration, and growth of healthy tissues all over the body.
Additionally, they also provide antioxidant protection, counteract UV damage, and support collagen formation, all of which are necessary if your blood is impure.
Blood is involved in multiple bodily functions, including the transportation of sugar, hormones, and oxygen, as well as the cleansing of the body.
It is obvious that for your body to function properly, your blood has to be free of toxins and pure.
Many foods, including garlic, ginger, and apple cider vinegar are significant blood purifiers.
If blood is free of waste and pollutants, numerous additional health advantages.
- Tom Clifford,Glyn Howatson,Daniel J. West,et al. The Potential Benefits of Red Beetroot Supplementation in Health and Disease Nutrients. 2015 Apr; 7(4): 2801–2822.Published online 2015 Apr 14. doi: 10.3390/nu7042801
- V.B. Preethi Sudha,Sheeba Ganesan,G.P. Pazhani,et al. Storing Drinking-water in Copper pots Kills Contaminating Diarrhoeagenic Bacteria J Health Popul Nutr. 2012 Mar; 30(1): 17–21.doi: 10.3329/jhpn.v30i1.11271
- Anand R Nair, Nithya Mariappan, April J Stull,et al. Blueberry supplementation attenuates oxidative stress within monocytes and modulates immune cell levels in adults with metabolic syndrome: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial Randomized Controlled Trial Food Funct. 2017 Nov 15;8(11):4118-4128. doi: 10.1039/c7fo00815e. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29019365/
- Jae-Sung Lee,Nese Sreenivasulu,Ruaraidh Sackville Hamilton,et al. Brown Rice, a Diet Rich in Health Promoting Properties J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2019;65(Supplement):S26-S28. doi: 10.3177/jnsv.65.S26. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31619639/
- Jawad Kiani and Sardar Z Imam Medicinal importance of grapefruit juice and its interaction with various drugs Nutr J. 2007; 6: 33.Published online 2007 Oct 30. doi: 10.1186/1475-2891-6-33
- Johura Ansary,Tamara Yuliett Forbes-Hernández,Emilio Gil,et al. Potential Health Benefit of Garlic Based on Human Intervention Studies: A Brief Overview Antioxidants (Basel). 2020 Jul; 9(7): 619.Published online 2020 Jul 15. doi: 10.3390/antiox9070619
- Kathryn Rutter,David R. Sell,Nalani Fraser,et al. Green Tea Extract Suppresses the Age-Related Increase in Collagen Crosslinking and Fluorescent Products in C57BL/6 Mice Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 2003 Nov; 73(6): 453–460.doi: 10.1024/0300-98184.108.40.2063
- Carrots, raw Available from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/170393/nutrients
- Carol S. Johnston and Cindy A. Gaas Vinegar: Medicinal Uses and Antiglycemic Effect MedGenMed. 2006; 8(2): 61.Published online 2006 May 30.
- Turmeric Last Updated: May 2020 Available from: https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/turmeric
- Dong Kwon Yang Cabbage (Brassica oleracea var. capitata) Protects against H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress by Preventing Mitochondrial Dysfunction in H9c2 Cardiomyoblasts Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2018; 2018: 2179021.Published online 2018 Aug 12. doi: 10.1155/2018/2179021
- Celia Chávez-Mendoza,Esteban Sanchez,Ezequiel Muñoz-Marquez,et al. Bioactive Compounds and Antioxidant Activity in Different Grafted Varieties of Bell Pepper Antioxidants (Basel). 2015 Jun; 4(2): 427–446.Published online 2015 Jun 23. doi: 10.3390/antiox4020427
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Alisha Matthew has been a practicing nutritionist since 2016. She holds a master’s degree in nutrition from the University of IOWA. She is a staunch believer in improving the human health index by educating people about nutrition and the importance of nutrition in leading a healthy and happy life. Her long-term goal is to keep educating people on general health and keep herself updated with the latest trends in the field of health.