In today’s race, everyone has left health behind. Everyone has become so busy that everyone has forgotten that health is wealth only.
Making health a medium, we should not only pay attention to exercise, yoga, or gym, but we should also pay attention to food.
So, today we will discuss low-carb snacks which are not only delicious to eat but are also 100% nutritious.
Carbs are the macronutrients that could help you in maintaining your level of energy and also keeping your metabolic cycle upright.
In this article, you can read about various low-carb snacks that could aid your weight loss while making sure that you feel full and avoid eating unhealthy snacks.
Best Low Carb Snacks
Steamed Lettuce With Tuna Salad
Tuna is a type of fish found in warm seas and caught for food in the flame carob of non-vegetarian people. About 1 gram of carbs is found inside it.
To make it, 85 grams of tuna along with 55 grams of mayonnaise and 25 grams of celery are used. Salt and pepper are also used to enhance the flavor according to taste.
You can even add lettuce to it to get low carbohydrates alternative dish.
Carbs total 3.53 grams per 100 grams of zucchini noodles. A low-calorie, low-carb snack is zucchini noodles. You may peel the zucchini in spirals for more fiber.
Begin seasoning these noodles with olive oil, garlic, and some herbs (fresh or dried). The best part about these noodles is that they can be eaten raw or cooked, as per your choice.
Caprese salad, in one hundred grams, contains 3.86 grams of Carbs. This nutritious salad can provide calcium and protein as the dressing contains tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and vinaigrette.
Preparing the salad is to slice some partly-skimmed fresh mozzarella cheese and tomatoes, and then season with a bit of salt and pepper. You may top these with balsamic vinegar and olive oil if desired.
Pickling The Avocado
Pickling is not one of the many things we’ve done with avocados up to this point. With the latest food trends, we now know that by tossing avocado with a vinegar-based concoction, you can use it as a snack too.
Kale is a cabbage-like leaf under which flame carbohydrates are found. Only 21 grams of kale quantity contains 1 gram of carbohydrates.
Therefore, to make it, the oven is cooked for 10 minutes by running it at 350°F Olive oil and salt, and one could use garlic powder to increase its taste.
Try to take its big leaves so that their leaves can be dried and baked. If it becomes soft, then it can be crispy by baking again for 5 minutes.
Zucchini Slices with Tofu Spread
A creamy spread from tofu that goes great with various veggies combined with oil, garlic, and basil makes it a good treat when trying to lose weight.
You can make a low-carb snack with the flavorful satisfaction of a noodly lasagna by spreading the tofu mixture on fresh zucchini slices.
Tofu, Tempeh, or Roasted Cottage Cheese
Try a lettuce wrap with cottage cheese, tofu, or tempeh for those who are vegetarians or vegans.
Seventeen grams of protein, 3 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fiber, and 9 grams of fat are present in 100 grams of tofu, which has 76 calories.
Protein and calcium content are high in cottage cheese which can benefit the muscles as protein is the building block.
While tofu has fewer calories and more calcium than tempeh, the latter has more protein, fiber, iron, and potassium per serving. Calcium supports the health of the bones, teeth, and muscles.
Homemade Trail Mix
Homemade Trail Mix could be a great snack to be consumed on a low-carb diet. You may keep a check on the ingredients used in the preparation of this Trail Mix.
At home, you could consider unprocessed raisins, unlike the trail mix from the store that consists of processed ingredients and high amounts of sugar.
Further, this consists of natural ingredients that could help you provide the significant amount of protein required for your body.
Trying on berries like strawberries in your low-carb diet may help you enhanceyour cognitive function. Along with this, it could also improve your eyesight.
Every 100 grams of strawberry consists of 7.68 grams of carbs. However, it could have a delicious taste and may also help you in providing several nutritional benefits.
They are in varieties such as green olives and black olives. Considering Olives in your low-carb diet could be helpful as it consists of the least amount of carbs for a meal.
Olives also contain several vitamins and antioxidants that may help maintain your skin health. This could also enhance your immune system.
As I conclude here, consuming or considering a low-carb diet regularly may help you in losing weight. Consuming this diet could also help you in saving your money.
This could also enhance your overall body function. This diet consists of less sugar which may play a major role in improving your weight loss process.
Along with this, low-carb diet consumption may also help you in reducing the risks of diabetes. It could further enhance your heart function.
Working4Health prefers using primary and verified references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and our primary references include peer-reviewed research, academic, and medical institution studies.
- Fish, tuna, light, canned in oil, drained solids FDC Published:4/1/2019 Available from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/173708/nutrients
- Celery, raw FDC Published:4/1/2019 Available from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/169988/nutrients
- BUTTER LETTUCE FDC Published:7/29/2021 Available from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/1973388/nutrients
- ORGANIC ZUCCHINI NOODLES FDC Published:4/1/2019 Available from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/544007/nutrients
- FOOD LION, CLASSIC BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE DRESSING FDC Published:4/1/2019 Available from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/493358/nutrients
- Mark L. Dreher and Adrienne J. Davenport Hass Avocado Composition and Potential Health Effects Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2013 May; 53(7): 738–750.Published online 2013 May 2. doi: 10.1080/10408398.2011.556759
- Avocados, raw, California FDC Published:4/1/2019 Available from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/171706/nutrients
- Kale, raw FDC Published:4/1/2019 Available from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/323505/nutrients
- TOFU FDC Published:4/1/2019 Available from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/496446/nutrients
- ORIGINAL TEMPEH, ORIGINAL FDC Published:3/19/2021 Available from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/1470822/nutrients
- Do-It-Yourself Trail Mix. Available from: https://www.nutrition.gov/recipes/do-it-yourself-trail-mix
- [HISTORICAL RECORD]: DRIED STRAWBERRIES. Date of publication: 14/7/2014. Available from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/446986/nutrients
- [HISTORICAL RECORD]: RIPE PITTED MEDIUM ORGANIC BLACK OLIVES. Date of publication: 28/2/2020/ Available from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/803005/nutrients
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Alisha Matthew has been a practicing nutritionist since 2016. She holds a master’s degree in nutrition from the University of IOWA. She is a staunch believer in improving the human health index by educating people about nutrition and the importance of nutrition in leading a healthy and happy life. Her long-term goal is to keep educating people on general health and keep herself updated with the latest trends in the field of health.