People trying to lose weight experiment with all the different methods that can help them to do so, be it going to the gym or modifying their diets.
And yes, a balanced diet along with a strict exercise regime might be the best combination that could help you to shed some extra pounds.
However, if you want to go out of your way, and reduce the size of your waistline, then you may have to try out certain other combinations as well.
Some people aim at adding a combination of honey and cinnamon to their diet because it has become a popular trend nowadays.
People may use the combination of both these ingredients in their diet by either eating them straight or using them in the form of toppings.
This is simply because there are infinite variations that you could try out to consume honey and cinnamon in your diet.
So if you want to have a greater insight Into the benefits of cinnamon and honey for weight loss, then this is the right place for you have come across.
Honey And Cinnamon For Weight Loss
Here’s a glance at certain studies that show how honey and cinnamon have shown certain promising weight-losing properties in different animals.
Health Benefits Of Honey For Weight Loss
Honey for mankind and its usage dates back to 8000 years. With myriad anti-inflammatory, nourishing, medicinal, antibacterial, and moisturizing properties, we could just imagine the benefit of this ingredient.
Be it slathering your morning toast with honey or using it when you have a minor burn, honey may always find its way into our households.
However, one of the greatest benefits of honey is to incentivize the weight loss process. Yes, you heard it right.
This ingredient might also help you to shed some extra pounds from your waistline and belly.
According to this article, one tablespoon of honey or 21 grams of honey may provide you with 17 grams of sugar, 17-gram carbohydrate, 64 calories, and zero Sodium, fiber, and fat.
Since honey has low calories, you could use it as a substitute for calorie-dense sugar. At the same time, this ingredient is sweeter than sugar.
Due to this, just using a little amount of honey could help to satisfy your sugar cravings. No doubt why it could help you to lose weight.
Honey In Weight Loss
Honey is inarguably sweet and it contains sugar. However, comparatively honey has more health benefits than refined sugar.
According to a study that was conducted on athletes who consumed foods rich in fructose, like honey, more fat was burnt in these athletes as compared to the people who did not consume it.
Once glucose is produced in your body, it could keep your sugar levels high and hence help your body to release the fat-burning hormones.
So you may replace sugar with honey, and you could be able to rebalance your sugar cravings.
Health Benefits Of Cinnamon For Weight Loss
Cinnamon is a popular spice that could be used as a flavoring agent in a variety of dishes because of its peculiar aroma. Apart from its aroma, cinnamon is quite a good source of different minerals and vitamins.
It could also provide you with some of the best health benefits, such as reducing the risk of heart diseases, lowering sugar levels, helping fight fungal infection, reducing inflammation, and as an antioxidant.
Since cinnamon has higher fiber content, its powder form could be helping you to feel full for a long time and hence, this may reduce your frequent cravings.
Not only this, but according to research, cinnamon could also incentivize the fat-burning process in your body.
So it could be beneficial for you to include this ingredient in your diet to facilitate your weight loss process. And what may be better than enjoying it with honey to bolster its weight loss benefits?
Honey Cinnamon Drink
Honey cinnamon drink that could help shed your extra pounds. However, if you want to experience the desired results, then you may have to consistently drink it twice a day for at least one month.
Moreover, while you add this drink to your diet, you may even increase fluid consumption and follow a low-carb diet to reduce the fat ratio of your body.
As you have already read, honey and cinnamon both have several health benefits for the human body.
So the combination of both these ingredients could create a combination for your weight loss process.
Thus, there’s no doubt that honey and cinnamon both are quite popular ingredients that may have certain health benefits.
Along with this, these ingredients may not provide you with any harmful effects. Instead, they have certain vitamins and minerals which could result in other health benefits for your body.
However, the most efficacious strategy that could help you in losing weight could be adhering to a strict diet and regular exercise regime.
Working4Health prefers using primary and verified references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and our primary references include peer-reviewed research, academic, and medical institution studies.
- Juan Jiang, Margo P. Emont, Heejin Jun, et. al. Cinnamaldehyde induces fat cell-autonomous thermogenesis and metabolic reprogramming. Metabolism. 2017 Dec; 77: 58–64. Published online 2017 Sep 1. doi: 10.1016/j.metabol.2017.08.006
- Priyanga Ranasinghe, Sanja Perera, Mangala Gunatilake, et. al. Effects of Cinnamomum zeylanicum (Ceylon cinnamon) on blood glucose and lipids in a diabetic and healthy rat model. Pharmacognosy Res. 2012 Apr-Jun; 4(2): 73–79. doi: 10.4103/0974-8490.94719
- Honey. Date Of Publication: January 4, 2019. Available from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/169640/nutrients
- Azizah Ugusman, Syarifah Amirah Syed Shahrin, Nurul Hana Azizan, et. al. Role of Honey in Obesity Management: A Systematic Review. Front Nutr. 2022; 9: 924097. Published online 2022 Jun 24. doi: 10.3389/fnut.2022.924097.
- Cas J. Fuchs, Javier T. Gonzalez, and Luc J. C. van Loon. Fructose co‐ingestion to increase carbohydrate availability in athletes. J Physiol. 2019 Jul 15; 597(14): 3549–3560. Published online 2019 Jul 2. doi: 10.1113/JP277116.
- Seyed Mohammad Mousavi, Jamal Rahmani, Hamed Kord-Varkaneh, et. al. Cinnamon supplementation positively affects obesity: A systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Clin Nutr. 2020 Jan;39(1):123-133. doi: 10.1016/j.clnu.2019.02.017. Epub 2019 Feb 15. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30799194/
- Cinnamon. Date Of Update: May, 2020. Available from: https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/cinnamon
- Simon N. Thornton. Increased Hydration Can Be Associated with Weight Loss. Front Nutr. 2016; 3: 18. Published online 2016 Jun 10. doi: 10.3389/fnut.2016.00018
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Alisha Matthew has been a practicing nutritionist since 2016. She holds a master’s degree in nutrition from the University of IOWA. She is a staunch believer in improving the human health index by educating people about nutrition and the importance of nutrition in leading a healthy and happy life. Her long-term goal is to keep educating people on general health and keep herself updated with the latest trends in the field of health.